Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowed In Successes

I haven't left the house since we ran to the store for provisions on Monday morning.  We've been snowed in all week.  Besides starting to get a little stir crazy and getting a slight case of cabin fever - I've/We've survived.  That alone ought to count as a success...in fact, let's count that as #1

#2 - John's been fighting a croupy cough and a nasty cold.  Since we can't run around the house or roughhouse in the basement due to extreme coughing spells that ensue, we've been looking for 'sit-still' activities for a 2 year old.  We came up with some good ones!

#3 - Nothing makes a snowy day go by faster than being in the kitchen.  Being snowed in this week I've 'home-made'  broccoli cheddar soup, rice krispie treats, brownies, italian beef, and pizza.  And today I have more in the works....Malt-O-Meal muffins, apple cinnamon oatmeal, and maybe some taco soup.  Maybe I'll get motivated and post some of the recipes here later today...

Bonus #4 - The house continues to get cleaner and cleaner.  This is a feat when you can't leave the house and every toy known to man gets dragged out 5 times a day!  But since we're stuck inside I've been dusting, sweeping, mopping, wiping and purging.  No wonder I'm so tired!

Share your successes over at Faith and Family Live!
FaithButton

2 comments:

  1. I think illnesses & being snowed in are the worst things to happen to clean homes! Great job surviving the weather! Ours was no where near as bad as they were predicting. I think most went north of us.

    Mmm...Taco Soup! How do you make the Malt-O-Meal muffins? They sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that John feels better and you all get out of the house soon!

    ReplyDelete