Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Leaning

I'm a fairly independent person.  Matt is too.  We've learned to lean on each other but even that was a process.  Something that we still work on actively in our relationship.

Now we find ourselves in the unique situation of needing to lean heavily on many, many people.  We are forced to find babysitters several times a week so that I can attend doctor appointments,  ultrasounds, and non-stress tests.  It would be different if these we standard OB appointments or a regular ultrasound, but they are not.  My OB appointments can last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.  The ultrasounds take between 30 minutes and an hour depending on if Charlie is cooperating.  The non-stress tests have been as short as 25 minutes and as long as 1 hour 15 minutes.  These don't even count travel time, wait room time, etc.  I've been gone for as little as 3 hours and as long as 8 hours.  How to do tell a babysitter I may be home by noon? or 5pm?  or some time in between?

We've had plenty of people offer to watch the boys.  Yet, I struggle to ask them.  WHY?!?!?  They've offered!  But for some reason I can't bring myself to pick up the phone and ask them.  I don't know why.  I've spent the last 4 days thinking about calling back someone who called this week and offered to take the boys for a a few hours so that I can have some quiet time.  She called me and offered!  The day she offered didn't work for us (the boys were already set up with a different babysitter that morning), but we spoke briefly and she told me to just pick a day and let her know.  I know what day is open and would work for us.  I have a second day where I still need a babysitter.  Either day would work - but I can't get myself to call her back.

How do you learn to lean on people?

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me as well. What I have learned with Corinne is so many people want to help. They know we are capable of doing it, they just want to help. A good friend told me I would want to help others too, so I should not rob them of the blessing. Some days are better/easier than others, other days I just want to be home with my family. Hang in there. We are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete