Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Favorite Summertime Drink–Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

This has never been much of a food/cooking blog – although I often think about how much I love to cook and should probably share more of that on here.  But as I’m sitting here this morning….I’m really enjoying my morning iced coffee.  So I thought “there has to be another mommy some place that needs a great morning pick-me-up”

The recipe requires a little advance planning, but it’s well worth it!

2/3 c. course ground coffee
2 Tbsp. coffee creamer in your choice of flavor
1 c. milk
cold tap water

Place coffee in french press and fill press with cold water.  Allow coffee to cold-brew overnight.  In the morning press the coffee down and pour into a storage container for the fridge. 


To make your iced coffee:

Fill a glass with ice, add coffee creamer, milk and cold-brewed coffee to taste (I use a little more than 1 cup).  Stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment