Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sharing Other’s Successes

We all know that when you’re busy being a stay-at-home-mom “all the small successes in our days add up to one big triumph.”   So on Thursday of each week Danielle Bean over at Faith and Family Live! reminds us to take a minute to identify those successes.  What a great idea!

It’s been a really busy week.  And the next couple weeks aren’t looking like they are slowing down much.  We’ve had (and shared) a lot of success over the past week.  Let’s see what has been going on…

1.  My baby sister (ok, she’s 22!) graduated college!  College, I tell you!  Since she was, like, in 3rd grade when I left for college and I remember having a minor 'quarter-life crisis’ when I saw her in a bikini (with curves!) for the first time…I have a hard time swallowing the fact that she has now graduated college.  I suppose I should get used to the idea of her being an adult.  She’ll be married in a little over a year!

2.  We’ve had lots of company over during the past week.  Friends for margaritas, kiddos for play dates, and family for dinner have all been on our agenda in the past few days.  The house hasn’t been in perfect shape – but I can honestly say I wasn’t at all embarrassed by it’s state.  Things have been staying relatively clean and when it comes to toys and child-clutter hanging around – I’ve decided to embrace the fact that….wait for it…children live here!  Some of it may be things I could run around and hide in closets or behind closed doors at the last minute if I wanted, but this week I’ve decided to pass on the frantic “my house has to be spotless to have people over” shuffle.  I’m enjoying it.

3.  After my husband and I chatted last night in bed, we both rolled over and got some sleep.  It’s amazing what a little shut-eye can do for everyone’s perspective.  Both of us are feeling better about our conversation, we were able to talk a little more this morning before he headed out to work, and we’ve got a loose plan for addressing the issues at hand.  We realized that this seems to be a matter of transition for everyone and it’s just taking a while to fall into a new groove now that he has started a new job (with practically NO travel time!)

Bonus 4.  Did you read the last sentence of #3?  My husband started a new job, with a new company, and practically no travel time!  Yes, he has to drive to an office everyday and clock in, but he’s home every.single.night...Can’t beat that!  What a blessing!!!!!

Make sure to share your successes over at Faith and Family Live!  We love to celebrate with everyone!

FaithButton

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all points! While I still struggle a bit w/ #2, I have learned that having a spotless house is not something in my near future...perhaps 40-50 years from now?

    How wonderful to have your DH home in the evenings now!

    ReplyDelete