Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Monday, May 16, 2011

Color Matching & Hand Strengthening

So as I’ve been looking for car-friendly activities for little ones – I came across this great post on a color matching clothespin activity.  I had to adapt it a little for John and for the car, but I really like the outcome! 

First I headed to the local hardware store and found awesome “mickey” paint chips.  I got two of each color – one for cutting up and one for using to match the clothespins against.  Using the small craft clothespins you find at an art store I cut out two strips of the color and glued them to each side of the clothespin.  John has loved matching up the clothespins to the paint chip cards and remarkably after only a few attempts he developed the fine motor skills to do it all by himself!  Check out the finished product below!

021

No comments:

Post a Comment