Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Less Than A Month To Go

I can’t believe that in less than one month I’ll have a 1 year old and a 2.5 year old.  Wow!  Where did the last year go?  Plans are well underway for appropriate birthday celebrations for Nathan. 

Yes – I said celebrations (plural). 

Since we’re heading to TX for Chris & Steph’s wedding next week and the whole family (aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts & uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents, and the like) as well as many of our family friends will be in Dallas together – we decide to go ahead and celebrate turning 1 a few weeks early.  Then, when we return to IL, we’ll have another birthday celebration with more family and friends at home.  In other words, my child should be spoiled completely rotten by the time he actually turns 1!

The theme for the party extravaganzas – Chuggington! 

B1Chuggington

Easier said than done….  Chuggington party supplies have not been released in the US yet.  (At one point in time I seriously considered having them shipped from the UK, but who wants to spend that much money on a birthday that their child won’t even remember?)  So the current, and only, plan is to decorate with the colors of Chuggington’s main characters – Koko, Brewster and Wilson – which are lime green, yellow, blue and red.  Then we’ll toss up some fun Chuggington pictures that I’ve downloaded off the web and stick a toy Chuggington train on top of Nathan’s birthday cake.  Simple enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment