Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, A New Start

Blogging has taken a back seat to the day-to-day life in our house over the past few months.  The first half of 2011 I was diligently blogging every week.  Then as the summer months hit things just on the blogosphere just seemed to fall by the wayside. 

One would think that with John starting school four days a week, I’d find a little more time in my days.  Instead I found myself strategically coordinating naptimes, serving lunch 3 times a day (once for John before the bus arrives at 11:30, one for me at about 12:30 when my belly button starting eating my spine, and one for Nathan at 2:15 when he finally woke up from his nap!), and trying to not be late picking John up from school. 

On top of that I’ve spent a great deal of time fighting with the school district over the amount of speech therapy John receives, making arrangements for John’s neurodevelopmental evaluation, coordinating John’s PE tube placement and adenoidectomy, and dealing with Nathan who can’t quite seem to stay healthy this fall/winter.

However, we seem to be more in a groove now with the schedule.  John’s surgery is complete, his neurodevelopmental evaluation is finished, and we’ve temporarily settled our differences with the school district.  (I say temporarily because once we get the final neurodevelopmental report from the pediatrician we’ll need to approach the school district once again.)  And because Mr. Independent loves the school bus soooo much, he’ll be riding both to and from school starting tomorrow.

Nonetheless, the intention of this blog is to keep our family and friend abreast of the occurrences in our lives.  Milestones and photos, ups and down, successes and failures…..it’s all supposed to be here and it’s been missing for the last few months. 

That being said, be on the lookout for updates and posts to arrive more frequently in 2012.  I’m committed to getting back in the blogging game!

No comments:

Post a Comment