Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year - New Successes

The past year has brought tons of changes to our family.  We moved, we had another baby, we (almost) sold our house in NC.  It was rocky, but good.  BUT we're into a new year.  That brings with it a sense of hope and change.  More excitement and more changes.  So let's start the year off right with a list of this weeks successes and hope that the successes keep on comin' in the months ahead.

1.  We've found a renter for our house in NC.  No, it's not a buyer, but it will help us pay the bills and take some of the financial pressure off my hard-working husband.  Hopefully, in the next few weeks my successes will include a statement along the lines of "our renter moved in and we got our first rent check in the mail"

2.  The house has stayed in (relatively) clean condition since we got the holidays put away.  Yes, we're still looking for places to stash all the new toys, but we're staying on top of the big stuff.  What's the big stuff...well, right now it seems to be vacuuming up Cheerios that Nathan is dropping on the floor in his attempt to find his mouth and doing a thorough wipe down of the tables/counters after every meal since John has decided that he likes spices and sauces and tends to miss his plate when he dumps them out to taste them.

3.  I've gotten back in the kitchen this week and I love it.  We're eating at home more (better for our pocketbook and waistline) and really enjoying our cooking.  So far this week we've had tilapia and yellow rice, pork chops and roasted potatoes, Chinese coleslaw, homemade salad, sausage and fried cabbage and I found time to make homemade salty snack mix.  I really do enjoy cooking and I forget that when I get caught up in the day-to-day feeding of two tiny boys.  :)

So what are your successes? 
What are your goals for this year? 
Let us know over at Faith and Family Live!

FaithButton

5 comments:

  1. These are great! I love the cooking part especially. I had big plans for meals this week until I realized that in the snow haste, my husband forgot some of the essential ingredients (Manwich/Sloppy Joes require sauce for example). But considering what type of week it turned out to be...I'm not as disappointed as I would have otherwise been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, your making me hungry with all the food talk. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great successes! I think it is a pretty major success to keep a house relatively clean with little ones in it! And great job on finding a renter. Having a house that you aren't living in is always stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We found a renter, too. Yay for all of us!

    And, can you share your recipe for snack mix?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I'm right there w/ you on #2 & 3. It's been great getting us back onto our meal schedule & being able to have dinner ready every night this week.

    ReplyDelete