Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Steps???

John took his first steps today?
Yes, that's a question...

He's never liked being outside. Apparently, he has sensitive skin that doesn't like to rubbed by the grass or scraped by the sidewalk. Evident by the fact that he sits with one leg up in the air every time we sit down outside.

Today he was standing on the concrete sidewalk, mom standing behind him, and he took a few steps (Mom had trickily let go of his shirt) towards the porch. Ecstatic, I picked him up and ushered him inside. But when I set him down inside...he sat down and took off crawling.....towards the door! John pointed outside. Out we went. Back to the sidewalk. Took a few steps. Got to the porch....you get the picture. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So as far as I can tell, John can take a few steps, but only outside. I can see it now. He'll be 22 years old, walk from the car to the door....then crawl into the house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment