Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Successes!

It's time again to post my weekly "small" achievements because we all know that the small successes in our everyday life add up to one BIG triumph....

1. Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner out at Al's Steakhouse, even though they looked at us like we were crazy when we asked for a highchair. Apparently they don't have highchairs at this restaurant, but we had our portable make-shift highchair with us. We are not deterred!

2. Despite being a mobile petri dish, our family isn't letting illness dictate our vacation fun! Mom has pink eye in both eyes, dad's allergies are in overdrive thanks to Texas trees, and John has ear infections in both ears and pink eye in one eye....if you want to invite us over to contaminate your house-just let us know.... :)

3. We flew from St. Louis to San Antonio on Tuesday with one layover. John was awake for the first 40 minutes of the first flight, then he fell asleep on the seat between mom and dad. He slept through the landing, deplaning, the walk to the next gate, boarding, take-off, and landing...opening his eyes only when we parked at the gate in San Antonio. (This is probably more John's success than mine, but sleeping babies on planes are God sent-especially when they have double ear infections and pink eye)

FaithButton

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your sense of humor!!!!!!! I hope you all feel better soon, and awesome you did not let it get you down!

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to stay positive! Good job, and I hope you are all recovering quickly.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the Serenity Prayer! I forgot about that one, but I think I need to keep it mind more often, it's so true!

    ReplyDelete