Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rock On, Mom!

It's Thursday! That means it's time to recognize the small successes of the week so that I can add them up to one big triumph!

1. After being postponed several times by the contractor doing our roof, I asked if it could be finished by Friday since we are having company over tomorrow. He gathered 10 guys to come on a Sunday and do the roof in one day. That means we had 3 less days of banging and pounding - so John's naps were only disturbed for one day!

2. I researched some sleep training techniques this week and have started implementing a few basic concepts with John. They seem to be working. He slept for 11 hours last night, waking only once and he soothed himself back to sleep without me! And this morning's nap was spookily easy to get him down for. He's in his crib now for the afternoon nap---but he's playing, not sleeping..although I guess the alternative would be crying (these are small successes, remember?!?)

3. The carpets are clean. I'm not talking vacuumed, I'm talking Stanley Steemer came in and really cleaned them. This is a success because I took the time to call them, empty all our shelves and tables of miscellaneous items, and stayed off the carpet for several hours while it dried.

Bonus #4: I called several doctors, found one who was accepting new patients, and scheduled my annual check-up. I've been meaning to do this for at least 4 weeks---but now it's off the to-do list! Next week's small success will be having made it to the appointment on time!

Head over to Faith and Family Live! to check out other mom's successes for the week!


FaithButton

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I'm late reading this. It's been one of those "sick kid" weeks. Thanks for uplifting me with your wonderful words and glimpse into your special family! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete