Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Work In Progress

I’m LOVING this weather!  Really?!?! 75-80 degrees the first week of March? Can you really beat that (short of living in the Tropicana).

So our successes are outdoors this week. 

1.  The windows are washed on the front of the house.  Indoors and out.  No more smudgy finger prints, no more nose marks from children staring out the front door.  It’s quite glorious!  The sun is shining in and I love it!

2.  Despite my desperate desire to continue cleaning and purging all corners of my house – I’ve spent the last two days outside with my boys.  We’ve played on our bikes, gone on walks, kicked balls and pushed toy lawn mowers.  Granted, my art supply closet, bedroom closet, kitchen cabinets and van still need cleaning out and organizing, but this weather is too good to pass up.  So, I’ll tackle those places on the next rainy day or during a strategically coordinated two child naptime.

3. For the time being all the gumballs are picked up out of the front yard.  I don’t expect this to last for long and I’m not even willing to tackle the side yard or backyard at this point.  The front yard though? It’s done!  (And seriously – a sweet gum tree could be a deal breaker if we ever buy another house!)

4.  On an indoor note: Hubby and I deep cleaned three rooms this weekend (yay for spring cleaning).  The two bedrooms are swept, dusted, vacuumed, and more.  And the dreaded and overwhelming toy room has been purged, cleaned, swept, vacuumed, organized and dusted.  I don’t expect these to last for long either…but the fact that they’ve been done make me feel better!

Make sure to share your successes over at Chocolate for Your Brain!  We love to see everyone’s successes – no matter how big or how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment