Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Three Cheers for Family Fun!

It's Small Successes Thursday!  Man - where does the week go?  It's been a fun and busy week in the Garcia household.  Here's an update of what we've been up to...

1.  Matt and I took John to see Shrek the Musical at the Fabulous Fox Theater.  We attended the Kids on Broadway matinee on Saturday so the place was hopping with kids of all ages.  The local restaurants had kids-eat-free specials, all the kiddos got a backpack and a Shrek pin, and there were activities galore for everyone to participate.  John made his own 'Freak Flag' and used the $20 that Grandma gave him to buy a pair of Shrek ears (which coincidentally, he hasn't taken off since Saturday).


2.  I took both the boys apple picking on Monday.  The MOMS Club went to Eckert's Farm in Belleville and I braved it with both boys in tow.  John picked a few apples before he was bored with it and Nathan slept the whole time.  However, we did gather enough apples to come home and make some homemade baby (read as 'really, really thinned out') applesauce for Nathan.  It's in the freezer awaiting the magic day when my littlest man takes interest in something other than mama's milk.


3.  Matt is normally the one who plays with the boys outside (Sorry, I love air conditioning!).  But with Matt out of town this week, I've taken the boys to two different playgrounds this week.  We played at the Maryville School playground on Tuesday and the Scnhucks Memorial playground on Wednesday.  While we were at the Schnucks park two swans swam right up to us on the lake.  John thought it was amazing!  It made me a little nervous - what would I do with both boys if the swans got ticked at us? - but John's smile was worth the knot in my stomach.


Check out other families' successes over at Faith and Family Live!

FaithButton

4 comments:

  1. Shrek the musical sounds like fun! I love Kids day at the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos of the "little shrek" apple picker. Sounds like a wonderful week! Great job on your successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! We LOVE the Fox theater, too... and little boys with green ears are pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete