Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Successes In Every Way

It's been a great week.  We've been busy celebrating the Christmas season and are excited for the new year to roll around.   Thanks to Danielle Bean over at Faith and Family Live! I'm taking one last chance to identify my successes in 2010.

1.  This week we pulled off a successful Christmas complete with 5 celebrations and two relatively happy boys for all of them.  We were able to celebrate with the Seka side of the family on Christmas Eve morning, the Rekowski side of the family on Christmas Eve in the evening, we opened presents over Skype on Christmas morning with the Garcia's, enjoyed Christmas afternoon at my parent's house, and topped it off with the Lou Juan Hills Christmas on Monday night.  Needless to say - I don't know where we're going to put it all.  Is it unreasonable to ask our landlord to build an addition because our children have too many toys?  (Maybe we should do some purging first)

2.  I got two cavities filled.  OK---the success here is not that I have the cavities, but that I finally bit the bullet, went to the dentist and then went back a week later to get the cavities filled.  Maybe if I didn't wait 2 1/2 years between dentist appointments I wouldn't need that second trip? 

3.  We've been working with John's therapists this past week to get everything in order for his annual review by the state.  His need for occupational therapy seems to be diminishing so we're hopeful we can trim it down to once a week.  However, we've encountered some bumps in the road with his speech needs (more elaboration once we have more information) so it looks like we'll be keeping that at twice a week for now.  John will have a few more progress reviews in the upcoming months, but this will be his last services/needs review before he graduates from the program on his 3rd birthday.  That being said - we're looking to the future and trying to figure out how best to navigate the transition from Child & Family Connections to our local school district with a child that needs a little extra help.
FaithButton
I feel like it's been a successful week!  What about you?  Share your successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment