Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Monday, July 20, 2009

Things I Never Knew...

  • I never knew a child’s cry can be music to your ears.
  • I never knew my son’s gleeful exclamation when he "caught" the cat the first time would be stuck like cement in my mind.
  • I never knew how much more you could love a man who changes diapers and plays peek-a-boo for hours.
  • I never knew that my life will seem to have lost value when compared to the value I place on my child’s.
  • I never knew you are assumed to be, all mother, all nurturing, all knowing, all understanding, all wise, ... all of a sudden!
  • I never knew I could fall in love with my husband all over again for doing things that I once thought of as unromantic.
  • I never knew I could sit and stare at a sleeping baby and not notice time passing by.
  • I never knew that once I became a mother I would pray for more years, not so that I can accomplish my dreams, but so I can watch my son accomplish his.
  • I never knew that a family, which was once complete with only two people, now feels even more complete with three..

No comments:

Post a Comment