Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Small Successes

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

1. We booked plane tickets to San Antonio. After looking at tickets for the last few weeks, contemplating the cost, thinking about schedules, and whatever other excuses we were using, we finally bit the bullet and purchased tickets to go visit Matt's family. The trip is long over due - the grandparents need to see John more than every 9 months! (And John's great-grandparents kicked in one free ticket thank to frequent flyer miles)

2. I made banana muffins this week for my sister. She loves homemade baked goods but rarely finds the time or supplies in her college apartment to make them herself.

3. When the morning plans were derailed by an explosive diaper right at naptime, I didn't get flustered. Instead, I thanked God that my husband was home, asked for some assistance, changed the diaper, cleaned the child, and then let my dear spouse put John down for a nap while I showered in peace and washed my fecal covered shirt...

FaithButton

1 comment:

  1. Just came over from Faith & Family to say "good job!" to another mother. Esp on #3 -- handling that with good grace is a success indeed ;)

    ReplyDelete