Pages

"I love you and want for you all things that make you happiest; and I guess you, not I, are the one who knows best what those things are."

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Something New

I’ve never been much of one for change.  My mother enjoys telling the story of the time she rearranged my bedroom while I was at school and I cried from 3:30 when I got home until I collapsed in a heap on my bed.  My father laughs that my first 2 cars looked almost identical despite one being a Geo and one being a Ford.  So this week my successes will mostly focus on embracing change…

1.  I’ve weathered Matthew starting a new job with relatively little drama.  Yes, I’ve been stressed by the process, but for the most part I’ve talked with him about my concerns, reached out to friends for some support, and have kept my worrywart self under control. 

2.  While I’m still working on this one – I’m embracing the fact that on school days John will not be napping.  If I would pick him up from school I think I could get him to nap, but he LOVES riding the bus.  So I defer to his desire for independence and allow him to ride the bus.  Even though it means he falls asleep on the bus for 20-30 on the bus and then doesn’t nap once he gets home.  (Keep in mind when he doesn’t have school he naps for 2.5-3 hours with no problem so 30 minutes is nothing for him)

3.  I feel like every summer we have big hopes and dreams of what all we’ll accomplish.  By the end of the summer I’m tired of spending every weekend discussing the need to cut the grass and run errands.  Yes, those things need to get done, but it’s also important to embrace the fun of summer and good weather!  With that in mind I’m working at creating a summer bucket list with all kinds of activities we can do as a family.  Some are great for a quick afternoon romp outside in the sun and others are day trips that we always talk about taking but never do.  I’m excited!  (I’ll try to post our final list and our actual ‘bucket’ once it’s completed)

What are your successes?  Head over to Sherry’s blog, Chocolate for Your Brain, to share those successes with the world!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like our summers! What a great way to approach it. Husbands changing jobs IS stressful, glad to hear it is going well! ~Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our summers, too! I always have such big ideas & plans, then here comes Sept. & hardly anything has been done. Love the summer bucket list idea!

    I completely understand #1. DH switched jobs in October. While some of it was for the better, we are finding that some aspects are definitely not what we thought they'd be. Plus they are making a lot of last minute changes w/out regard to their employees actually having a life outside of the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great successes! I'm not big on "change" either so I understand!
    Are you and munchesmom related?
    LOVE the Summer Bucket idea, too and look forward to reading more about it!

    ReplyDelete